- Boris has suffered from chronic GI issues since 2020. He has struggled with IBD (Irritable Bowel Disease), triaditis (concurrent inflammation of the pancreas, liver, and small intestines), pancreatitis, constipation, and vomiting two times a week. Boris had gallbladder removal due to extrahepatic obstruction (blockage of the normal flow of bile from the liver to the intestinal tract). He also has Stage 2 chronic kidney disease.
- Dr. Katie Woodley suggested Boris’s diet should be a gently cooked, balanced lower-fat diet.
- Other treatments Dr. Woodley suggested for Boris are: Standard Process Betafood, magnesium and B12, psyllium, Animal Essentials Colon Rescue, probiotics (Visbiome and Saccharomyces boulardii)
Boris’ test results came back with excellent news. He is in the normal rage for both Calprotectin and Secertory IgA. This means his IBD is controlled at this time and he is not afflicted with gut inflammation.
- Boris will continue on his current diet and supplement plan.
- He will retest as symptoms appear or within 6 month.
IPL Test Results: 01/14/2023
Calprotectin is a sensitive marker of inflammation of the gut lining. Elevated levels may improve with anti-inflammatory dog-food, anti-inflammatory supplements, or other treatments. Retest in 3-6 months. Consult a veterinary professional if levels are very high and significant symptoms are present.
Normal: < 90 mcg/mg
Borderline: 90-125 mcg/mg
High: > 125 mcg/mg
Low: < 10 mcg/mg
Normal: 10-350 mcg/mg
Borderline: 350-450 mcg/mg
High > 450 mcg/mg